1. The Bible is a book of stories from which we can learn valuable lessons, but none of which should be taken literally.
2. Heartburn can be temporarily assuaged with a slice of bread and a glass of sparkling water.
3. "Shit" is a very useful word, in Scrabble and in life.
4. Clothes are functional and should be comfortable enough for walks in the woods should you suddenly decide to take one.
5. "Old married folks have lots of fun--I can attest to that."
6. Being far from someone you love is hard, but it makes the togetherness that follows the distance all the more rewarding.
7. There's too much waste in the world. Don't be wasteful.
8. Language is playful and its games are many.
9. "Books are hardest to part with, but if their pages haven't been turned sometime in the last 50+ years, they need to be gone. Besides there are always new ones to take their place. Right?"